HomeFinder.com Ultimate Home Transformation Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY, OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID HOMEFINDER.COM ACCOUNT AND AGREEMENT TO RELATED TERMS ARE REQUIRED. FOR CERTAIN ENTRY METHODS, A VALID SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT AND AGREEMENT TO THE APPLICABLE PLATFORM'S TERMS ARE REQUIRED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. OR TWITTER, INC.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO A WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES OVERVIEW: The HomeFinder.com Ultimate Home Transformation Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by HomeFinder.com, LLC ("Sponsor") and begins at 10:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on March 3, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on May 31, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes consists of ten (10) separate drawings (each, a "Drawing") each with its own entry period (each an "Entry Period"). The start and end times and dates for each Entry Period are detailed in Section 5 below. Each eligible individual (see Section 2 below for eligibility requirements) may earn a total of ten (10) Entries: one (1) Initial Entry and nine (9) Bonus Entries over the course of the entire Sweepstakes. Non-winning Entries and Bonus Entries roll-over from one Entry Period to subsequent Entry Periods.
One (1) "Grand Prize Winner" will be randomly selected for each Entry Period from among all Entries and Bonus Entries received as of the Drawing associated with that Entry Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter or win, entrant must be an individual who is eighteen (18) years of age or older who has reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence as of the date of entry, and who is a legal resident of, owner of a home in any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia as of start date of the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives of HomeFinder.com, LLC ("HomeFinder.com" or "Sponsor"), Tribune Company ("Tribune"), The McClatchy Company ("McClatchy"), Gannett Co., Inc. ("Gannett"), GMR Marketing LLC ("Administrator" or "GMR") and of each of their respective co-promoters, agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, sales representatives, and promotion and other vendor agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively "Released Parties") and the immediate family (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as parents, spouses, domestic partners, siblings, children) and household members of all such individuals, are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and/or win a prize. Corporate entities are not eligible and have no right to claim any prize won by their employees. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Potential winners may be required by Sponsor to submit to a background check before being deemed eligible to receive their prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual whose background check reveals information that is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (which may be determined by Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion).
4. BONUS ENTRY OPPORTUNITIES: There is limit of nine (9) total Bonus Entries during the Sweepstakes Period. Bonus entries are free, no purchase or payment of any kind is required to obtain Bonus Entries.
1.) Neighborhood Update Subscription Opt-In: upon submitting the initial entry into the Sweepstakes, eligible entrants will have the opportunity to opt-in to receive future communications from HomeFinder.com's Neighborhood Update Subscription emails, as well as HomeFinder.com Ultimate Home Transformation Sweepstakes update and reminder emails from HomeFinder.com, its parent and/or co-promoters, affiliates or assigns. Entrants who opt-in to receive further Neighborhood Update Subscriptions and HomeFinder.com Ultimate Home Transformation Sweepstakes update and reminder communications will earn one (1) Opt-in Bonus Entry. I acknowledge that I may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the opt-out link in any email I receive and following the opt-out instructions. Limit one (1) Neighborhood Update Subscription Opt-In Bonus Entry per person/authorized email account holder during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of initial method of entry. For this method of Bonus Entry, only Bonus Entries that are recorded on the Website's servers will be considered.
2.) Home Value Estimation: visit the Website during the Sweepstakes Period, log-in using your username and password; navigate to the 'Home Value Estimate' application to obtain a free estimate of your home's value. If HomeFinder.com is unable to provide you with a value estimate, you will still receive the one (1) bonus entry for the attempt to retrieve the estimation. Limit one (1) Home Value Estimation Bonus Entry per person/authorized email account holder during the Sweepstakes Period. For this method of Bonus Entry, only Bonus Entries that are recorded on the Website's servers will be considered.
3.) Share Your Story: visit the Website during the Sweepstakes Period, log-in using your username and password; navigate to the 'Share Your Story' application. Within the provided text box, share your story of what you would do to transform your home if you were a Grand Prize Winner in the Sweepstakes. All submissions must be 400 characters or less and in English. Submissions will not be judged for content. Content of submissions will not increase an entrant's change of winning. Limit one (1) Share Your Story Bonus Entry per person/authorized email account holder during the Sweepstakes Period. For this method of Bonus Entry, only Bonus Entries that are recorded on the Website's servers will be considered.
4.) Application Download: download the free HomeFinder.com Application from the Apple iTunes store or Google Play (Android Market), provided you have a qualifying Apple iPhone or Android operating system as defined in the HomeFinder.com Application terms and conditions. Entrant must own smartphone or tablet with qualifying operating system as of start date of Sweepstakes to obtain Application Download Bonus Entry. Limit one (1) Application Download Bonus Entry per person/authorized email account holder during the Sweepstakes Period.
5.) HomeFinder.com Facebook "Like": visit the Website during the Sweepstakes Period, log-in using your Facebook username and password; click on the "HomeFinder.com Facebook Like" button. Limit one (1) HomeFinder.com Facebook Like Bonus Entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
6.) HomeFinder.com Sweepstakes Facebook "Like": visit Website during the Sweepstakes Period, log-in using your Facebook username and password; click on the "HomeFinder.com Sweepstakes Facebook Like" button. Limit one (1) HomeFinder.com Brand Facebook Like Bonus Entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
7.) MovingCompanyReviews.com Facebook "Like": visit Website during the Sweepstakes Period, log-in using your Facebook username and password; click on the "MovingCompanyReviews.com Facebook Like" button. Limit one (1) MovingCompanyReviews.com Facebook Like Bonus Entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
The following is applicable to all Entries and Bonus Entries: Any attempt by any person to submit more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts or any other methods will void that person's Entries and Bonus Entries and that person will be disqualified. Entries and Bonus Entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period or Entry Period, as applicable, in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions in these Official Rules. Entries may not be made jointly or by any group and may only be made by an individual. The Website's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submitting an Entry/Bonus Entry other than as detailed above (such as a printed or copied confirmation screen or message) does not constitute actual receipt of the entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. All Entries/Bonus Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Facsimiles, mechanical reproductions, alterations, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, late, mutilated, or forged entries, or entries generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries/Bonus Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at or using any other web site, including, without limitation, commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor and its representative to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Tweet and Share Your Story entries that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; material that violates or infringes on another's rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state; or are otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, will be disqualified as determined solely by Sponsor. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Tweets and Share Your Story entries are eligible to take part in the Sweepstakes. Posting of a Tweet on www.twitter.com/HomeFinder1 or a post on www.facebook.com/homefinderconsumer is not verification that the Tweet or Facebook post is a qualifying entry. By entering a Tweet or Share Your Story submission, each entrant warrants that it is original and created by the entrant, non-confidential and legally created, and grants Sponsor the perpetual, unlimited and non-exclusive license to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the Tweet or Share Your Story submission in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter developed.
5. ENTRY PERIODS, DRAWING DATES, PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): Odds of winning a Drawing depend on the number of eligible Entries and Bonus Entries received as of that Drawing date. Limit one (1) Prize per household during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of Entry/Bonus Entry.
|ENTRY PERIODS||ENTRY PERIOD DRAWING DATE|
|ENTRY PERIOD 1:
10:00 a.m. CT on 03/03/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 03/07/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 2:
10:00 a.m. CT on 03/07/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 03/14/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 3:
10:00 a.m. CT on 03/14/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 03/21/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 4:
10:00 a.m. CT on 03/21/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 03/28/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 5:
10:00 a.m. CT on 03/28/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 04/11/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 6:
10:00 a.m. CT on 04/11/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 04/18/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 7:
10:00 a.m. CT on 04/18/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 05/02/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 8:
10:00 a.m. CT on 05/02/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 05/09/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 9:
10:00 a.m. CT on 05/09/14 to
9:59 a.m. CT on 05/23/14
|ENTRY PERIOD 10:
10:00 a.m. CT on 05/23/14 to
11:59 p.m. CT on 05/31/14
There will be One (1) Grand Prize awarded to the winner of each Drawing, subject to eligibility and verification. Up to ten (10) Grand Prizes will be awarded over the course of the entire Sweepstakes. Each Grand Prize consists solely of $20,000 to be awarded in the form of a corporate check in each Grand Prize winner's name.
All taxes (federal, state and local) as well as any expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being provided as part of each Grand Prize are that Grand Prize winners' sole responsibility. Each Grand Prize is nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed, except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute prize of the same approximate retail value. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL GRAND PRIZES TO BE AWARDED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD IS $200,000. Each Grand Prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Grand Prize details not specifically stated in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Grand Prize or any Grand Prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a Grand Prize winner because of incorrect or changed contact information. If a Grand Prize winner does not accept or use his/her entire Grand Prize, the unaccepted or unused part of such Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that Grand Prize or portion of that Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Grand Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated Grand Prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated Grand Prizes will be awarded.
6. GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Each Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing according to the above Drawing Date detailed above from among all eligible entries received as of that Drawing. Each Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions regarding such random drawing will be final. NON-WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE CARRIED OVER INTO SUBSEQUENT ENTRY PERIOD DRAWINGS. For each Entry Period, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and three (3) alternate potential prize winners will be drawn and notified by Administrator via email or phone to the email address or daytime phone number provided at the time of entry (as determined in Administrator's sole discretion) on or about one (1) business day following the Entry Period Drawing Date.
Potential Grand Prize winners must respond to initial prize notification phone call or email within two (2) calendar days of initial phone call or email notification, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate potential prize winner, time permitting, based on the original method of winner selection in Sponsor's sole discretion. Failure to respond within the specified time period will result in disqualification. Potential Grand Prize winners must complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release (where legal), liability release, and appropriate tax documents (the "Documents") within five (5) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, time permitting, based on the original method of winner selection in Sponsor's sole discretion. Failure to oblige will result in disqualification. Upon Grand Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor may only look to three (3) alternate winners for a particular prize, at which point that prize may be deemed unclaimed and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize.
If a Grand Prize remains unclaimed after these attempts, the unclaimed Grand Prize will NOT be awarded. Potential Grand Prize alternate winners will be selected and notified in the same manner and under the same conditions outlined above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential prize winner and award the prize to an alternative potential prize winner, for any of the following reasons: (a) if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or non-compliant with these Official Rules; (b) in the event that a prize notification or the prize is returned as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period; or (c) information showing that the entry was defective or failed to comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right to contact any prize winner of the Sweepstakes for public relations and publicity purposes/inquiries that are related to this Sweepstakes.
7. DISCLAIMERS: The use of any automated devices in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process in its sole discretion. The Released Parties, Facebook, and Twitter assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any error that may result in an erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. The Released Parties, Facebook, and Twitter are not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment or software that results in loss of entry. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means are ineligible and will be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of the entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business, educational institution, or social media platform provider) has assigned the email addresses for the domain or social media account associated with the submitted email address.
8. BY ENTERING, entrant agrees to accept and be bound by these Official Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, selection of winners and/or awarding of prizes, shall be resolved by the Sponsor whose decisions shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified by email, mail, and direct message or phone as provided on the entrant's Official Entry Form by the Sponsor or Administrator for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, Facebook, and Twitter and each of their respective parent companies, co-promoters, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from any and all injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property, infringement of any right (intellectual property, publicity, privacy or otherwise), due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in the Sweepstakes and any related activity. The Released Parties, Facebook, and Twitter are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prizes. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including, but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or by other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES, FACEBOOK, OR TWITTER BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR YOUR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner's consent that their name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical data may be used by Sponsor and its designees in any medium now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes a winner's consent to participating in marketing and publicity events relating to the Sweepstakes, such as but not limited to, video recording of winner and the winner's home.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: Unless prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded by this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, (iii) participation in any prize-related activities; and/or (iv) the determination of the scope of applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding dispute resolution under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and further that any dispute resolution proceeding will take place in Chicago, Illinois. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
13. WINNERS' LIST REQUEST: For the names of the winners in this Sweepstakes, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope (postage not required for Vermont and Washington residents) postmarked by August 29, 2014 to: HomeFinder.com Ultimate Home Transformation Sweepstakes – Winners' List Request, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151. The Official Rules are available at https://sweepstakes.homefinder.com/rules
14. SPONSOR: HomeFinder.com, LLC, 20 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606.
15. ADMINISTRATOR: GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.